I’ve seen a job advertised #00000 and want to know where it is and some information about it.
We will give you as much information as possible without breaking confidentiality until you are registered with us. Once you are registered we can give you the name of the practice and its location.

How do I register?
It's very simple, click on the link to the forms for you to complete and return.

Why do I need to register?
To  provide basic information about you to present to prospective employers and also a Doctor Agreement that gives us permission to work on your behalf.

What else do I need to do?
We will need a current CV from you as the practices like to see the type of work you have done over your career and where your interests are. Please send through a current CV outlining your:
Work history
Residency/Citizenship status
You will also need to supply a copy of your current Professional Indemnity Insurance and in some instances your “WWCC” and National Police Check as any Government based practices will require this.

Does it cost me anything?
There is no charge to you.
We will assist you every step of the way to find that ideal position that you are looking for.
We will make sure it meets your qualifications, interests, pay rate and is in the location where you want to work.

Do you send out my CV to anyone?
We will always ask your permission prior to sending your CV to any practices as there might be a reason you would prefer us not to send it to a particular practice.

Who do I speak with when I call to see how you are going?
You will have a dedicated consultant who looks after your requirements.

What other types of jobs do you have?
We have a number of positions all over Australia to suit your individual requirements.

Can you help me find a position in a DWS location?
The type of position that we can offer you depends on your current qualifications and if you have any restrictions such as 19AB or 19AA. We have positions available that fulfil Department of Health, AHPRA and Medicare regulations in DWS locations and also RRMA 4+ if you are on a 3GA program and require OMPS to top up Medicare payments until you are Fellowed.

What qualifications do I need?
All of our current positions require  you to have a minimum of 2 years post graduate experience as a General Practitioner and General Registration with AHPRA

Do you have permanent positions available?
We recommend trialling a position as a Locum for a period of up to 3 months to see how you like it and how the patients respond to you and then going permanent after the trial period. This way you can make sure it's a suitable placement for you.

Do you have locum opportunities?
If you want to make a career as a Locum, we have any number of vacancies that would suit you from short 1 week placements up to 6 months.

Does the practice provide travel and accommodation?
Most rural and remote practices will supply both travel and accommodation for the Locum. If the practice is supplying this for the Locum and the family is wanting to travel as well then the Locum will have to provide travel for them. Sometimes accommodation can be arranged for additional family members but often this is not the case and you would need to make your own arrangements.
Travel is usually only paid for the initial travel to the practice and the final journey home, unless otherwise negotiated.
City or Metropolitan and major holiday centres such as the Gold Coast and Sunshine Coast in Queensland do not provide accommodation.


How do I get a job in a medical practice?
Click on the link to our website vacancy page to find all the current listings.
Most practices require applicants with experience.

How do I get experience?
It's best to volunteer or apply for work experience while you are participating in any training courses. This will then provide you with valuable experience that can be added to your CV by the time you have completed your course.

What qualifications do I need?
There are a few different levels of nursing in Australia; Assistant in Nursing, Endorsed Enrolled Nurse & Registered Nurse. The types of nurses that are employed within a general practice setting are an EEN or RN.

The first level is AIN which requires a Certificate 3. The second level is an Endorsed Enrolled Nurse which requires the completion of a Diploma in Nursing. The third level is a Registered Nurse which requires a Bachelor’s degree. As part of the nursing legislation, for both EEN & RN you will need to be registered with AHPRA.

Practice Managers may pursue a Diploma of Practice Management which is seen as an advantage.
A Medical Receptionist may also pursue a Certificate 3 in Medical Administration, this is also seen as an advantage.

Where do I find courses to qualify? Practice Manager/Medical Reception/First Aid
The Wesley Hospital run these course periodically and there are many private companies that do as well.
First aid courses are run by private companies and also by the St John Ambulance.

How do I choose the best course for me?
Check that the course covers the subjects that you need to work in a Medical Practice
Make sure that they list all of the computer programs that they will train you in. Most General Practices use, Medical Director and Pracsoft. Some use Genie and so do Specialist practices. ZedMed is another popular program.

If I have overseas nursing qualifications, how do I get them in Australia?
Here are some links to websites that will assist you:
• Nursing Midwifery Registration and Endorsement
• AHPRA Nursing Midwifery Bridging Programs
• Qld Nurses & Midwives Union

I need sponsorship, can you do this?
Medical Recruitment does not have a qualified Migration Agent on staff so we are unable to give advice in regards to sponsorship.
This link to the Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) can provide assistance 

Suggestions on what to include in a CV such as the names of all the computer programs worked on
• Make sure that you put where you have most recently worked at the start of your CV.
• Try to make sure that you include all the relevant areas/companies that you have worked at to make your CV more appealing to a specific employer.
• You can do this by listing your skills prior to your work history. Another option is to list your relevant work history first and then “Other” work at the end.
• List the skills and duties that you performed in the relevant work history.
• It's enough to simply list where you have worked for non-relevant industries such as any fast food places or Hospitality based industries.
• Include all computer programs that you have ever used.
• Make sure there are no gaps in your work history. You can put information such as, Training, Travelling or Raising a Family. These are all legitimate and are much better than having a gap.
• If you did volunteer work while having gaps in your work history, please include this as well.