At Medical Recruitment, we are fans of PRODA and the ease of access it provides in certain circumstances. Below we have provided some introductory information about PRODA, and sources of further information for a deeper dive.
In addition, we have created a guide to the PRODA registration and linking process.
Provider Digital Access (PRODA) is an online authentication system providers use to securely access government online services.
Using a two-step verification process, you only need a username and password and access to a personal mobile phone or email account.
To access online services using PRODA, you need to register as an individual to get your own account.
PRODA is digital and portable. You can use it from anywhere as long as you have access to the internet.
You don’t need additional hardware or software installed unlike the traditional public key infrastructure.
You can use PRODA to verify your identity online and securely access multiple government online services. Your PRODA account doesn’t expire and if you change your employer you keep the same PRODA account because it belongs to you as an individual.
PRODA currently provides access to the following services:
- Health Professional Online Services (HPOS) - a fast and secure way for health professionals and administrators to do business with us online
- National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) - providers deliver support or a product to a participant in the NDIS
- the Disability Medical Assessment Online service - government contracted doctors help determine medical qualifications for the Disability Support Pension
- My Health Record National Provider Portal - allows health professionals read only access to view their patients’ My Health Record information
- Child care Provider Entry Point (PEP) - for child care providers to securely access government services for child care fee assistance
You can only register one PRODA account in your name.
When you access PRODA you must:
- keep your PRODA account secure - never share your details with anyone
- use your own personal and contact information to set up your account –we need this to verify your identity
- comply with the PRODA terms and conditions when you register or use your PRODA account.
What an account can't be used for
You won’t be able to use a PRODA account as a replacement authentication.
You won’t be able to use a PRODA account for authentication instead of:
- Medicare Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) site certificate
- National Authentication Service for Health (NASH) PKI organisation certificate.
You can't link a DVA Organisation provider number to your PRODA account to access HPOS. You’ll still need to renew or apply for a Medicare individual PKI certificate.
Login or Register
If you need help
If you have questions about services from your PRODA account, contact the service directly.
You can contact:
Medical Recruitment pride ourselves in being specialists in the field of General Practitioner Recruitment and we have many Permanent and Locum GP Positions. We welcome any questions, queries or input in relation to this article, any current changes or anything GP career or job related. Feel free to contact us to discuss your personal requirements and situation.